Monday, October 27, 2008

What to do, what to do

I'm having one of those months, where there is lots to do but not much is urgent. It's hard to prioritize. Right now I have about 30 things I could work on, about half of which are personal. None of the things on my plate is really urgent, although some will be if I don't get them done in the next few days or so. I find that working from I have a lot more to prioritize. If I don't have anything urgent for my clients, my mind wondering to the things I could/should be doing for the house. Sometimes the number of things I have to chose from is overwhelming.

I find that the longer I work from home (and the messier my desk is) the harder it is to chose what to do first, unless there is a fire to extinguish. If I worked in an office, there would be no question. Personal stuff would wait until personal time, but my work doesn't stick to business hours so I don't feel obligated to keep personal stuff out of business hours. All this wonderful flexibility makes it hard to decide who gets what and when.