Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flexible Scheduling

So, this morning I am still in my pj's.  I finished the first half of my work out early this morning (5:30 am!), I've gotten the kids off to school, done some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, completed some personal bookkeeping, and done some work for my clients.  All in all pretty productive.

Normally I don't start work for my clients until between 9 am and 10 am.  That's when they really get going.  It gives me a chance to work out and do things around the house.  Today though my co-workers (yes, I have a few -- though I've never met them) were working early so we got a jump on the day.  It's great to be able juggle the routine to suit the situation.  I'm going to go finish my work out and take a shower.  By the time I get back, I will have responses to my emails and other information necessary for me to work today.  Time waiting on others is not wasted time.

I can fit more work/family/life into one day working from home than I could ever fit into two days working at a regular job.  Sometimes it leaves me feeling a bit scattered, but it's a small price to pay.