Monday, October 20, 2008

It's my Birthday

Now, I am of the opinion that once you hit 21, birthdays are pretty much like any other day.  What's the point after all?  You have your driver's license, you can legally drink and unless you are looking forward to joining AARP, there isn't really another birthday related milestone.  However, when you work in a "regular" office, they are an excuse to take some time out to have some cake or go for a drink after work.  I miss that about working in an office, not so much for my own birthday but celebrating other birthdays.  I like chatting for a while without guilt and appreciating my fellow co-workers, some of whom have become my best friends.

It's nice working from home too.  My husband has already asked me three times what he can pick up for us for lunch.  But it's not the same as working in an office.  My current co-workers don't know it's my birthday, nor do I know when their birthdays are.  In an office, there's always that one person that takes it upon herself to find out when everyone's birthday is.  I was never that person because someone else always had the job when I arrived.  I guess I can take up the cause.  We can't get together to celebrate, but I can make sure I mention it.  Maybe I'll even send a cake.