Monday, October 13, 2008

The Economy & Working from Home

As much as love working from home, there is a bit of uncertainty in it with the economy the way it is.  If I loose a client due to his lack of funds, there will be no unemployment for me to fall back on.  I'm pretty busy right now.  I've considered trying to take on another client or two, but I just don't have the time.  My clients have been so good to me, I don't want to shortchange them either.  Fortunately, one client is talking about needing more hours at the first of the year and the other is discussing adding to my responsibilities for increased pay.

I've considered taking a job waiting tables a night or two a week -- as much to get out of the house as for the money.  That is, if I could find one.  I waited tables in college.  The exercise would be good, being with other adults (other than my husband) would be lovely and cash, of course, is always a plus.  On the other hand, that takes me out of the house and away from my family -- something I have been trying to avoid.

I guess everyone is a bit uncertain with the downturn in the economy, but we self-employed workers from home may just have a little more hanging out in the wind.  Sometimes I'm not quite sure how to hedge my bets.

No comments: