Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Desk is a Mess!

Something I have noticed about working from home is that my desk and office are always much messier than it would be if I worked outside the house. I'm sure that some of it comes from simply working at home and having additional "stuff" to do that is not connected with my jobs. But that can't be all of it. I would say that my desk and office are at least three or four times messier than I would ever allow if I worked in someone else's space, if I allowed it to get messy at all. When I worked outside the home, a messy desk was one of my pet peeves. I would be embarrassed for either of my clients to see the state of my desk. While I don't think they'd fire me on the spot, I do think they would wonder how I ever manage to get their work done.

Every time I clean my office and desk, I say I will never let it get like this again and each time it does. My husband does not seem to have this problem. I have yet to discover how this happens. Is it because the family adds to the pile? Is it really that I have so many personal items to complete? Or could it be, (oh, how I hope not) that I am really a slob as long as the only person it affects is me?